Job Description Sports Centre Assistants - Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form and further details.
Job Title: Sports Centre Assistant
Location: Hiltingbury Pavilion and Sports Hall, Hiltingbury Recreation Ground
Grade: SCP 1-5 (TBC circa £9.27p.h.)
Hours of work: Minimum 14 or 28 hours per week (on a 7-day rota between the hours of 0700-2200hrs) depending whether 1 or 2 staff are appointed.
Reports to: Team Leader/Facilities Manager
Purpose: The post holder will assist the Team Leader in the co-ordination and management of The Hiltingbury Sports Centre. This will include the deployment of human, physical and financial resources to meet the needs of the local community and the Parish Council.
- To assist with the training of casual staff as appropriate.
- To establish day-to-day work programmes to ensure adequate cover.
- To assist customers of the centre with making bookings, and ensuring they know how to safely set up the equipment they are using.
- To ensure the safe operation of the facility and that customers are not adversely affecting the H&S of others.
- Assist the Team Leader in ensuring the facility operates within the annual budget for the year.
- To ensure the security of all money received and ensuring all money is counted, recorded and banked according to policy.
- To ensure goods are received and checked and that associated paperwork is processed under the guidance of, and in the absence of, the Team Leader.
- Ensuring that the Sports Centre complies with all relevant legal requirements undertaking regular Health and Safety inspections/risk assessments.
- To bring items for maintenance, repair or replacement to the attention of the Team Leader.
- Assist in the opening and closing the Sports Centre as required, ensuring the safety and security of the premises.
- Supervise the Centre to ensure that premises are maintained to the required level of cleanliness at all times.
- Ensure all lettings/use of the Centre’s facilities are cost effective.
- Identify areas of potential development and/or improvement and bring these to the Team Leader’s attention.
- Re-stocking all vending machines as required and ensuring stock levels are maintained.
- Responsible for oversight of a balanced programme of activities at the Sports Centre for all ages, in conjunction with the Team Leader.
- To ensure the development of adequate skills in using the tennis courts maintenance, subscriptions and bookings system.
- To work within Council policies and procedures including Terms and Conditions of Use of the Sports Hall.
- To support the promotion of positive relationships with users and outside agencies.
- Actively participating in performance management.
- To care for their own and other people’s health and safety.
- To be aware of the confidential nature of issues.
- To contribute to the overall ethos, work & aims of the Council.
- Develop an understanding of polices & procedures, complying with their contents and raising concerns in a timely manner.
- To recognise own strengths, areas of expertise and use these to advise and support others.
- The post holder may be required to undertake other duties that are commensurate to the post holder’s abilities, position & grade.
- The duties listed above are examples of duties at this level and other duties of a similar level/nature may be undertaken by individuals and are not excluded simply because they are not itemised.
The above is a summary of the main duties and responsibilities of the post. The tasks involved within each responsibility area have not been detailed. The Parish Council will endeavour to make any necessary reasonable adjustments to the job and the working environment to enable access to employment opportunities for disabled job applicants or continued employment for any employee who develops a disabling condition.
This job description is current at the date shown, but, in consultation with you, may be changed by the Parish Clerk to reflect or anticipate changes in the job commensurate with the grade and job title.